Company: Electriq Power
Salary: $100,000 - $130,001 a year
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
The Area Sales Manager is a pivotal role responsible for leading, training, coaching, and mentoring sales teams across the Western region to achieve and surpass weekly sales targets. Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), this position requires seamless collaboration with various departments, including operations, marketing, and other key internal and external stakeholders. We are seeking an innovative and proven leader with a distinguished track record in successfully guiding sales teams within the solar or renewable energy sector. Exceptional communication skills are a prerequisite. The ideal candidate will possess comprehensive experience in managing sales organizations for residential outreach, including single-family homeowners, as well as fostering community relationships, engaging with stakeholders like HOAs, and facilitating connections with new residential construction ventures.
- Lead, train, coach, and mentor sales teams across the Western region, ensuring the consistent achievement of, and surpassing of, sales targets.
- Implement best practices to drive the adoption of Electriq's "PoweredUp Network" offering across diverse markets within Electriq's operational scope.
- Play a key role in transitioning Electriq to a leadership position in implementing community resiliency initiatives in partnership with local municipalities, utilities and community-based organizations.
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge and expertise in personal sales practices.
- Train team members in community engagement techniques and assess performance through ride-alongs and role-playing exercises.
- Adhere to the company's communication schedule, organizing and leading all essential meetings.
- Assist in developing offer strategies based on market realities and cultivate new sales channels to exceed sales objectives in the Western region.
- Develop weekly forecasts and monitor daily and weekly performance of the complete team, comprising Regional Sales Managers and Renewable Energy Solution Specialists.
- Generate and analyze weekly sales reports to track regional sales trends and productivity, presenting results to upper management.
- Enforce precise administrative procedures for accurate sales order development and sales documentation by the team.
- Collaborate with the human resources team to identify, screen, and recruit the most qualified sales candidates.
- Acknowledge outstanding performers and provide guidance to those in developmental stages to meet required targets.
- Collaborate with the Operations and Marketing teams to manage lead volume, installations, and quality control.
- Skillfully demonstrate the sales process, adept at identifying purchase criteria, overcoming objections, and crafting solutions to secure sales.
- Proven capability to consistently exceed sales goals in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to inspire and guide individuals to realize their maximum potential.
- Exceptional articulation and communication skills.
- Highly persuasive, disciplined, and principled.
- Flexibility to work during weekends and evenings.
- Proficient in multitasking and managing multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ethos of “managing the process while growing the people.” As a leader you should be able to engage in needed fieldwork to hone the teams’ capabilities.
- Exhibit initiative and enthusiasm.
- Strong organizational and planning aptitude.
- Excellent sales and negotiation proficiencies.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous sales management experience in the Solar + Storage industry, overseeing a successful team of at least 10 to 15 members.
- Prior experience in employee development is essential.
- Bilingual proficiency is advantageous.
- Valid state driver’s license and reliable transportation are mandatory.
Compensation and Location:
Base Salary based on experience and performance: $100,000 to $130,000 USD
Ideal candidate will be located in and around Santa Barbara, Ventura or Fresno counties. Candidates applying from outside these areas will be expected to relocate to any of these areas.
Our Competitive Benefits Package includes:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Choice of 2 PPO medical plans + HSA
- Paid Time Off
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer match
- Life insurance benefit (company paid)
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance coverage for employee, spouse and children
- Long Term Disability & Short Term Disability benefits (company paid)
- Voluntary Pet Insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Teladoc Program (company paid)
- 10 paid holidays per year
Electriq (NYSE:ELIQ), founded in 2014 in Silicon Valley, provides turnkey intelligent energy
storage and management solutions for homes and small businesses. Electriq’s solutions deliver
always-available, low-cost clean energy, even during intermittent outages and inclement
weather. Those solutions enable cities, municipalities, and utilities to provide their constituents
with a path to sustainable and resilient sources of energy, regardless of socio-economic status.
For more information, visit www.electriqpower.com.
Through our Sustainable Community Networks program known as PoweredUp Network, Electriq Power offers zero-upfront cost solar + battery storage systems to qualifying homeowners. There are no income, credit or property lien requirements, making it ideal for low-to-moderate (LMI) income residents to gain access to clean, reliable affordable energy. The systems can also lower electricity costs up to 20%, stabilize electricity costs by avoiding periods of peak pricing, and provide backup power during power outages. To learn more about the PoweredUp Network Program, visit PoweredUpNetwork.com.
We passionately believe in distributed energy storage solutions to shape our world’s environmental and economic future that are prudent, panoramic, and serve all demographics with parity.
WHY JOIN ELECTRIQ POWER?
We offer a unique opportunity to join a scale up environment. We are a small, diverse team of creative thinkers. We value open communication, teamwork, and a make-it-happen attitude - no job is too big or too small. We strive to make change by imagining what the future could be and building a product to complete that vision. We are looking to broaden our team with talented people who can help grow our product and continue our mission and replace the production of carbon-based emissions with sustainable solutions.
Electriq Power is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
We value our colleague’s unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential. As an equal opportunity employer, ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
Job Type: Full-time