Company: EDF Renewables North America
Salary: $31 - $51 an hour
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
This position, under the direction of the Regional Manager and/or Site Manager, performs all duties of a Senior Technician. In addition, the Area Technical Specialist assists field technicians with repair problems and guides field technicians through specialized tasks associated with renewable energy assets.
- Assist and train field crews in troubleshooting and repairs.
- Assist and train crews with crane calling and rigging procedures.
- Take a lead role in projects requiring special skills, by acquiring and maintaining skills in certain areas:
- R&R of major components.
- In-situ repair of major components.
- Composite repair.
- Communication system repairs.
- Specifically trained high voltage switching tasks.
- BOP maintenance tasks.
- Develop, write, and train procedures and control instructions with the assistance of PDS Specialists.
- Research parts and specialty tools.
- Travel to other sites to support Site managers as needed.
- All other job-related duties as assigned.
Area Technical Specialists spend 85% of their time in the field with the other 15% doing scheduled training, paperwork, and meetings. An undefined amount of the field work will be done at other locations which will require traveling to other sites. The Area Technical Specialist must be capable of working alone, but is generally working with and training other technicians. Area Technical Specialists are provided a company vehicle for official company use only (service truck), during their assigned shift in which they carry the required tools and parts necessary to perform repairs and/or maintenance. Area Technical Specialists may work in extreme weather conditions.
- Three to five years of technical experience in the renewable energy industry.
- Ability to comply with EDF Renewable Energy’s Safety & Quality (QC) policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including basic functional knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to read & comprehend schematic drawings.
- Ability to work at heights, including climbing up and descending towers of various heights.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with and provide hands-on training to other technicians.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions, including cold, rain, wind, etc.
- Mechanical, electrical, and controls aptitude as expressed by prior performance of some of the responsibilities described above.
- Able to provide proof of a current driver’s license and clean driving record, in order to operate company vehicles (field trucks) both on site as well as on public roads and highways.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand, climb, use hands & fingers, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to talk and hear.
- The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work at heights, including climbing up and descending towers, entering nacelles and hubs at extreme heights.
- Able to work in an industrial environment. This may have been achieved through formal training, previous work experience as an auto mechanic or the ability to demonstrate that an individual is mechanically inclined.
- Demonstrate good work habits, including but not limited to attendance, and maintaining a neat and orderly work environment
Special Conditions of Employment:
Physical Weight Limit Restriction
Due to weight restrictions associated with life-saving fall-arrest equipment employees are required to wear while
working at heights, maximum employee weight must not exceed 285 lbs. Employee physical fitness for duty
subject to review at any time throughout the duration of employment
Pay Range: $31.00 - $51.00 Hourly
In addition, EDF Renewables offers best-in-class employment incentives, including.
- Competitive Bonus incentives: This position is eligible for our annual bonus program
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: EDF Renewables USA provides low-cost health & wellness premium coverage for employees and their eligible dependents
- Rewarding 401k Package: EDF Renewables provides a generous contribution with immediate vesting
We are also proud to offer:
- Favorable time off programs, including paid parental leave
- Rewarding Learning & Development Opportunities
- Supportive Mentorship & Buddy Programs
Be a part of an innovative and collaborative team environment that fosters our goal of Delivering renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.
Job Type: Full-time
Company Description: Le groupe EDF est l'un des premiers électriciens mondiaux, à la pointe de l'innovation technologique. Le respect de la personne et celui de l'environnement, l'intégrité, la solidarité sont au cœur de nos actions. Face à l’urgence climatique, notre rôle est d’inventer un modèle énergétique qui respecte notre planète. Nous voulons construire un monde où il sera possible de produire une électricité neutre en CO2, grâce au nucléaire et aux énergies renouvelables, conciliant préservation de la planète, bien-être et développement, grâce à l’électricité et à des solutions et services innovants. Notre ambition est de toujours innover, pour permettre à notre société de continuer à grandir. Depuis notre création, c’est notre responsabilité de rendre l’énergie accessible à tous, à tout moment, en toutes circonstances, en proposant de nouvelles manières de moins consommer, de mieux consommer.