Company: Fluence Energy
Salary: $110,000 - $138,000 a year
Location: Long Beach, CA
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
We are Fun
The Battery Energy Storage Lab Technician will directly support activities at Fluence’s Energy Storage Lab in Long Beach, CA. This will include the maintenance and upkeep of the lab equipment and facility as well as assembling and testing batteries and other energy storage components. If you enjoy being hands-on and working closely with battery energy storage products, then this role is for you.
What does a Battery Energy Storage Lab Technician do at Fluence?
- Support, build, and test prototype batteries and other battery system components
- Develop, build, and maintain test fixtures
- Work collaboratively with the test engineering team
- Organize and maintain battery lab and/or prototyping area including tool and test equipment management
- Maintain lab documentation
- Uphold Fluence Safety Values
- Serve as acting Lab Manager as needed
- Implement and manage inventory control system of equipment and parts stock
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience (hands-on experience with High Voltage battery systems, Inverters, safety protocols, and service best practices)
- Attention to detail to ensure accurate and precise tests fixtures and test execution
- Experience reading electrical schematics, and engineering drawings
- Experience with running test automation sequences and data collection
- Ability to identify and resolve test issues
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Work safely with limited supervision.
- Familiarity with Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Experience with Forklift and ability to get certified
- Preferred: OSHA30 Certification
Job Type: Full-time