Company: RRC POWER AND ENERGY
Location: Round Rock, TX 78664
RRC is seeking a talented BESS Engineer to help us build the future of U.S. energy production from our Denver, CO offices in the US, or Toronto, ON or Calgary, AB offices in Canada. Remote work option is also available. RRC is a multi-disciplinary engineering firm that specializes in energy projects, particularly renewable energy, throughout the United States. Founded in 2007, RRC provides a culture where employees are valued while contributing to meaningful projects. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of the evolving energy production landscape.
RRC CORE VALUES
- Client Satisfaction – understands the goal of always exceeding our client’s expectations
- Employee Happiness – able to work well with others, communicate clearly with coworkers, promote a positive work environment, and mediate conflicts between team members
- Quality Work - able to take ownership, work independently, prioritize workload, and deliver quality results on time while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Above and Beyond - versatile, flexible, able to anticipate the needs of the company, take the initiative, and willing to go out of your way to assist others
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the team to design Battery Energy Storage Systems, DC and medium voltage systems including switchgear and distribution systems
- Work with the team to review or perform system studies such as ampacity, load flow, short circuit analysis and loss study
- Work with project team to prepare, schedule, coordinate, and monitor the design, analysis, and progress of engineering projects
- Interact with clients to interpret their needs and requirements
- Review manufacturer equipment drawings
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards, and specifications
- Perform quality control and quality checking on project deliverables, including drawings and studies
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Direct designers and drafters on drawing requirements
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with BESS Manager, Project Manager and multi-discipline participants to provide assistance and technical support.
- Support development of standards, optimizations, and processes
- Work with team on changing trends in technology
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Renewable Engineering
- 2+ years experience in BESS, renewable energy, distribution, or MV power systems
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification, with ability to obtain PE license in the future
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Experience as a engineer or design engineer
- Familiarity with codes and standards including the IEEE, NESC, NEC, NFPA
- Ability to organize, schedule, prioritize, and multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Ability to collaborate within a team environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Ability to efficiently communicate and report at all internal and external levels
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with system studies in software such as CYME, ETAP or related software a plus
- Experience with HOMER Energy Toolbase, ESWare or similar modeling software is a plus
- Master's Degree in Engineering with renewable energy focus a plus
- Experience with PV and Wind systems is a plus
- Construction experience a plus
- Experience working with BESS connections to existing Transmission, Distribution, substations and/or Solar and Wind projects and regulations a plus
RRC is committed to investing in talented employees because we recognize that healthy, happy employees provide the best path to sustaining a successful business. RRC offers competitive salaries and benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Flexible work hours to accommodate work-life balance
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k matching
- Bonus eligibility
- Tuition reimbursement for certain pre-approved education pursuits
RRC thanks you for your interest in joining RRC. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit our website www.RRCcompanies.com for more information.
No recruiters or staffing firms please.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time