Location: Mesa, AZ 85201
Do you want to be on the cutting edge of the clean energy climate tech industry? Are you excited about the intersection of renewable energy and the circular economy? We are too. And that’s why we launched SOLARCYCLE, Inc, a tech-driven recycling platform designed to maximize solar sustainability. Solar power is one of the most powerful tools humanity has in our fight against climate change. But for solar to truly scale to its full potential, we need to create renewable supply chains and a vibrant secondary market for upcycled panels and recycled materials.
SOLARCYCLE was founded by experts and advocates in solar, climate and circular economy. Our investors come from the frontlines of the solar industry, including the founders of SolarCity, SunPower and Nextracker. This is the next frontier - ensuring a cleaner, more sustainable and domestic supply of the critical minerals needed for the next wave of solar.
The solar industry needs a global end-of-life partner to restore, renew and ultimately recycle yesterday’s solar panels for tomorrow’s clean energy projects. SOLARCYCLE aims to be the partner of choice for solar asset owners looking for a responsible solution to their end-of-life system needs. And we need you to build a strong finance function in the company to help us become a leader in this new burgeoning sector in the renewable energy industry.
SOLARCYCLE is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to join our executive leadership team. Reporting directly to the CEO, the CFO will be responsible for leading the company’s financial strategy and execution to drive growth, profitability, and financial sustainability. The ideal candidate will have financial leadership experience in private and publicly traded companies, as well as high-growth, equity-backed organizations. This is a critical, strategic position and an outstanding opportunity for an experienced, high-energy finance executive to join a seasoned leadership team that is pioneering new technologies and business models in the renewable energy industry.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive financial strategy aligned to the company’s overall goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with executive and senior management to develop overall business strategy and to ensure financial stability.
- Develop a strong cash flow and management system in the company, with timely and actionable reporting for the management team and board of directors.
- Lead fundraising efforts, along with the CEO, for equity and debt financings.
- Assist in corporate structuring to create optimal strategies for company funding, tax liabilities and incentives.
- Lead and manage the finance team, including assigning responsibilities, setting goals, providing feedback, and creating a collaborative work culture.
- Oversee all financial operations, including accounting, financial reporting, FP&A, SG&A, treasury management, tax, audit, and compliance.
- Create and manage a financial plan and budget, allocating resources effectively to achieve maximum return on investment.
- Analyze and evaluate financial performance, identify opportunities for growth, optimization, and risk mitigation.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with external partners, including investors, lenders, and vendors, to manage risk and secure funding as needed.
- Ensure financial policies and procedures are in place and adhered to, promoting transparency and accountability.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, business administration, accounting or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in a corporate finance capacity, with experience leading a finance organization at a VP or CFO level.
- Financial leadership experience within high-growth, venture/private equity backed organizations, as well as with privately held and publicly traded organizations.
- Experience in fundraising, M&A and IPOs is preferred but not required.
- "Big Four" or national accounting firm audit experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience in private and public accounting sectors is preferred but not required.
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholder relationships, including investors, financial institutions, and vendors.
- Experience in selecting, implementing, and overseeing financial ERP system.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate financial data and metrics, with a deep understanding of financial analytics and tools.
- Strong business acumen and financial acuity, ability to provide insights and recommendations to support strategic decision-making.
SOLARCYCLE, Inc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time