Company: Primergy Solar Management LLC
Salary: $185,000 - $200,000 a year
Location: Oakland, CA
Role and responsibilities
The Director of Policy and Communications will be responsible for managing relationships and policy positions with federal and state regulatory agencies and legislative bodies as well as managing Primergy’s external communications including brand, marketing and public affairs/public relations work in support of Primergy’s business objectives.
The role will involve establishing policy positions nationwide, drafting filings, monitoring state and federal clean energy incentive programs, and actively participating in various stakeholder processes relevant to Primergy. This individual will serve as Primergy’s primary voice with industry groups such as SEIA, ACP and ACORE and various state and regional organizations. The position will also be responsible for identifying potential policy changes or modifications that benefit the business and communicating them to internal teams. The position will be responsible for advancing public relations and marketing efforts in a way that enhances Primergy’s influence on policy and regulatory actions, furthers Primergy’s strategy objectives and establishes Primergy as a leading voice on relevant policy and market trends.
This role oversees communications initiatives that contribute to Primergy brand recognition for investors and talent recruitment. The Director will lead a team of professional consultants to establish top-tier visual storytelling materials for media and self-driven content development. Director must have experience with executing high-profile events that include media reporting and industry interviews.
Additionally, the position will collaborate with affiliated portfolio companies, and build industry coalitions to advance our policy and public affairs priorities. Strong knowledge of renewable energy, RTO/ISO structures, and regulatory and legislative processes at the state and federal level will be essential. Effective written and oral communication skills are critical to this role.
- Oversee Primergy’s marketing and brand development in support of power marketing and origination goals, including public relations and social media.
- Track policies of federal and state agencies and legislatures that impact our business, collaborate with functional groups to ensure understanding of policy impacts.
- Manage policy and filing priorities at federal and state agencies and legislatures.
- Develop regulatory positions and strategies to promote priorities and overcome potential roadblocks.
- Monitor Federal and State incentive and RFP opportunities.
- Work with trade associations to advance business and regulatory/legislative priorities.
- Hire and manage consultants to support policy priorities.
- Manage a budget and internal team to support policy and communications work
- Coordinate policy priorities, relationship management, and communications with the leadership team
- Oversee ESG reporting requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the energy sector, with a focus on renewable energy.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with the regulatory processes at the state, RTO/ISOs, and FERC levels.
- Experience managing teams, including 3rd party consultants and agencies.
- Exceptional analytical skills to assess policy impacts on energy development and pricing.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to deliver concise and powerful messages verbally, in writing, and in presentations.
- JD, MBA, MS in Policy, or another Advanced Degree preferred, but not required.
- Passion for working in a company driving the transition to clean energy, with the motivation and energy to support the achievement.
- Ability to travel periodically for in-person engagement.
- Unparalleled honesty and integrity.
- Highly energetic and results-driven with a teamwork attitude.
- Experience with policy process, finance, and implementation at the federal and state levels
- Proficiency in public affairs and marketing
- Commercial mindset, strong prioritization, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate and sync cross-functionally, including with Development, M&A, Origination, Transmission, Legal, Project Finance, Engineering, Procurement, Construction team members as well as third party consultants.
- Ability to quickly step into new tasks and adapt to unique circumstances in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to successfully operate in a geographically dispersed organization is a plus.
Primergy is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. We recognize that underrepresented groups such as women and BIPOC may be less likely to apply to a role if they don’t meet 100% of the listed qualifications. We encourage you to apply if you meet some of the qualifications and if this role is aligned with your career aspirations and interests.
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time