Company: FuelCell Energy
FuelCell Energy is a global leader in decarbonizing power and producing hydrogen through our proprietary fuel cell technology. Our mission is to enable a world powered by clean energy. As an innovator and manufacturer of fuel cell clean power platforms, FuelCell Energy has the only technology in the world capable of capturing carbon from an external source and producing power at the same time. In addition, we offer the only technology in the world capable of producing hydrogen, power and water simultaneously.
The Field Service Technician provides service to customers by installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing fuel cell power plants to minimize customer downtime.
- Performs mechanical, electrical and instrumentation functions on client-site for repair, installation and/or commissioning of fuel cell power plants, including system hardware and software, equipment and systems networking.
- Complies with all Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Management System requirements, policies and procedures relevant to the position.
- Assists in power conditioning of fuel cell power plants.
- Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
- Analyzes plant equipment and system operating characteristics to determine operational conditions.
- Repairs and overhauls generating equipment and associated systems components.
- Serves as customer contact on technical and service related problems.
- Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures using established procedures.
- Determines most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime.
- Prepares status reports on plant conditions and work completed.
- The Field Service Tech is required to travel on a daily basis throughout the assigned region.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Electrical related military experience (i.e. US Navy Nuclear Power Plant Operator, Electronics Technician, Gas Turbine Operator, Electrical Technician GSE, and Mechanical Technician GSM.)
- HVAC or Electrician certification experience (i.e. HVAC technician, electrician, electronics technician, field service technician, etc.)
- Power Plant operations and Maintenance experience
- Able to understand system interrelationships using mechanical, electrical and instrumentation inputs.
- Have a working knowledge of most hand tools and test equipment (e.g. process meter and thermocouple reader)
- Must be able to effectively read, write and speak in English to ensure team communication and written procedures are followed
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain throughout the course of employment a valid driver’s license and have dependable transportation to travel to company business sites
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain throughout the course of employment a valid passport to travel internationally
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally on an infrequent basis
- Must be willing to travel daily to other areas in the Northeast
- Must be able to work both indoors and outside and in normal seasonal temperatures with the possibility of working in other areas that may range from extreme cold to extreme hot
- Must be willing and able to participate in support of the regional on-call rotation to provide 24 x 7 x 365 response to our fleet
- Must be able and willing to wear required personal protective equipment as designated such as safety glasses, safety shoes, hard hats and other PPE as required
- Must be able to qualify for and be able to wear a respirator on a non-routine basis
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 30 feet above ground and work in a safety harness when required
- Must be able to physically work utilizing both hands simultaneously making mechanical adjustments, carrying equipment, etc.
- Other physical activities include standing for extended periods, pushing, pulling, and bending into awkward positions to work in small areas where there may be confined space.
- Must be able to troubleshoot company product using visual and audible skills to accurately diagnose problems and ensure product is in working order.
Job Type: Full-time
Company Description: At FuelCell Energy, we don’t just build products – we develop and deploy state-of-the-art solutions that enable a world empowered by clean energy. The diversity of our team, and our team members’ ideas drive the innovation that permeates everything we do, from our current suite of products and advanced technologies to the development of industry-leading, future-focused power generation solutions. Company Overview FuelCell Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: FCEL) - 1969 saw the birth of a company that would deliver innovative power generation across three continents. Founded as Energy Research Corporation (ERC) by early pioneers Bernard Baker and Martin Klein, both chemical engineers with professional knowledge in advanced battery technologies, their focus was to develop and commercialize a novel concept for bipolar nickel-metal hydride batteries. FuelCell Energy completed its initial public offering in 1992 and reincorporated in Delaware in 1999. In 2003, FuelCell Energy began selling its platforms commercially and, in 2007, expanded globally to meet the growing demand for its fuel cell technology. Today, FuelCell Energy has power platforms known as SureSource platforms delivering solutions that go beyond power in the U.S., Europe, and South Korea, with aspirations to deliver our differentiated solutions to new markets around the world. FuelCell Energy’s complete portfolio of dynamic, scalable energy solutions delivers the options the world needs to effectively build a path to decarbonization. FuelCell Energy’s platforms have a direct impact on reducing the global environmental footprint of baseload power generation. However, FuelCell Energy’s platforms don’t stop at power delivery, the FuelCell Energy platforms are designed to go beyond power, capable of delivering hydrogen, long duration hydrogen energy storage, carbon capture, carbon separation, water, and thermal energy in various applications. FuelCell Energy Purpose – Our Why Enable the world to live a life empowered by clean energy. This is why our passionate team members come to work every day at FuelCell Energy. FuelCell Energy Mission We enable the world to live a life empowered by clean energy. We do this by recruiting and retaining highly skilled and passionate team members, inventing, manufacturing, installing and operating clean baseload energy-generating platforms for commercial, industrial and utility-based customers, so they may realize their environmental goals, strengthen resiliency, manage energy and other commodity costs, and deliver valuable goods and services to their customers.