Company: RWE Clean Energy
Location: Goliad, TX 77963
Manager, O&M Texas East-Peregrine Solar
- Goliad, TX, US, 77963
RWE Clean Energy, LLC
Functional area: Operations & Maintenance
The O & M Manager is responsible for the safe, reliable and compliant operation and maintenance (O & M) of renewable energy generation project/s.
The O & M Manager will be responsible for supervising plant personnel and managing the daily administration, operation, planned and corrective maintenance, and event response for their assigned asset/s. The O & M Manager will furthermore be responsible for ensuring all operations and maintenance activities are performed in accordance with industry best practices, industry best safety practices, company and owner procedures, plans, and guidelines as well as all pertinent state and federal laws and regulations including NERC compliance when applicable.
- Plant Operations – Oversee production and ensure that plants operate within design parameters in a reliable, safe and efficient manner. Ensure facility processes and procedures are adhered to as well as in compliance with all rules, regulations and laws as applicable. Monitor production to ensure plants are meeting performance expectations. Coordinate and resolve operational abnormalities.
- Plant Maintenance –Ensure the timely maintenance and repair of plant components as well as resolve problems that may arise. Perform preventive/predictive maintenance to ensure long term profitability, plant reliability and risk minimization
- Prepare plant operating budgets, monitor and control costs within approved budget; ensure the procurement of equipment replacement and maintenance/repair contractors and approve all purchase orders within established approval level.
- Ensure plant staff has completed required and recommended safety and functional training. Foster a collaborative team environment across RWECE - projects ensuring optimal safety, operations, maintenance, and performance.
- Technical Support – Perform operational analysis as required to support Asset Management and Project Development functions. Create, review and distribute daily, weekly, monthly, and annual operational reports.
- Technical Expertise – Stay abreast of regulations, codes and standards as they relate to the industry. Develop relationships with suppliers that result in beneficial synergies.
- General – Act as local company and owner liaison, develop long range plans and work with local civic groups as required. Attend meetings on behalf of company and host facility visits as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent related discipline preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing power plants or equivalent related experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in managing renewable or conventional power plants Knowledge of industry standards, OSHA regulations and environmental regulations
- Knowledge of energy markets and market procedures
- Experience interacting with local utilities
- Experience managing, troubleshooting, and work with SCADA/DAS/CMMS systems
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to safety processes and procedures
- Manage plant activities, preventative maintenance and revise procedures as required to ensure compliance with established standards
- Interview, select, assign responsibilities, schedule personnel and provide support as required
- Ensure Site Operating staff is adequately trained and prepared to meet production requirements
- Evaluate individual and plant activities and implement corrective actions as required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent technical, analytical and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of power electronics and circuitry
- Knowledge of power generation technologies and equipment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to work in varying climates as required
- Driver’s license required
- Willing to work on weekends and off shifts as required
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays. Eligible employees also participate in short-term incentives, in addition to salary.
RWE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For 125 years RWE has been the source of energy for millions of people across the globe. Now we’re making all that energy green. This decade alone we’re investing €50bn into renewables and will be carbon neutral by 2040 – ten years earlier than most other global targets. This is a chance to play a key role on our journey.
Join our renewables specialists, working across the clean energy spectrum to grow our operations to 50 GW by 2030 – with some of the world’s largest on and offshore wind farms and industry-leading hydrogen initiatives. We’re also considered innovators in solar development including floating photovoltaics and agri-photovoltaics. Or add your expertise to our supply and trading operations, brokering renewable electricity, green gas, commodities, and CO2 emission allowances from one of our advanced energy trading floors.
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 85178
Job Type: Full-time
Company Description: The world around us is changing. And we, at RWE, are changing with it. Not just for our customers and partners, but above all for a sustainably better future in which we all want to live. Who we are? We are the more than 19,000 people who stand behind RWE and invest our full energy in this future every day. Accompany the development at one of over 80 locations worldwide and join us in taking responsibility for our planet. From engineers to office support, we pursue one goal: to consistently reduce our CO 2 emissions and make RWE CO 2 neutral by 2040. Be the heart of the energy transition. Be the future. Apply now and decide for yourself what kind of world you want to live in.