Company: RWE Offshore Wind Services, LLC
Location: Boston, MA
Marine Specialist, US
- Boston, MA, US
RWE Offshore Wind Services, LLC
Do you want to help deliver a low carbon future?
Do you want to help develop innovative, sustainable solutions to the technical challenges facing offshore wind and help drive for a renewables powered future?
If so we would like to invite you to join our Logistics Engineering Services team here at RWE Offshore Wind. As our first Marine Specialist in the US you will integrate into, and work as part of, the wider Engineering Department to support offshore wind projects. You will work every day with an exciting and diverse team who push the boundaries and set the standards for Transport and Installation amongst our peers. You will develop, innovate, optimise and then manage the execution of T&I solutions within our offshore wind projects that will ensure we deliver on our promise of a sustainable future.
If you would like to be part of our journey then please bring your experience and enthusiasm into play and help us deliver a net zero future.
- You will, working as part of a multi-disciplinary team of technical specialists, support the development of offshore wind farm installation logistics for RWE Offshores’ future projects with a focus on safe and sustainable marine solutions.
- You will support procurement during the preparation of offshore transport and installation contracts, technical specifications and vessel charters.
- You will ensure local marine rules and regulations are represented in RWEs Marine Governance System and ensure compliance during offshore operations.
- You will lead the technical assessment of marine assets during early stage offshore operations such as Survey Vessels and Supply Vessels and ensure RWEs vessel standards are being followed.
- You will coordinate internally with development teams, marine affairs, and other functional leads and engage with local suppliers to communicate RWEs understanding of marine operations and ensure suitable solutions for all parties can be found.
- You will lead the technical assessment of marine assets such as Heavy Lift Vessels, Jack up Vessels, Cable Layers, SOVs and CTVs
- You will monitor performance of vessels, identifying and implementing suitable solutions for improvement as required.
- You will perform on-hire surveys and vessel inspections ensuring only technically fully functional vessels being contracted. You will coordinate communication with internal and external parties such as scheduling, engineering, certification, marine coordination, marine affairs, HSSE, authorities, vessel suppliers and marine warranty surveyor.
Optimisation & Innovation
- You will share your experience from US offshore operations with your peers.
- You will serve as an internal subject matter expert and may represent RWE externally on offshore wind industry working groups
- You are willing to examine offshore experiences in Europe and develop suitable solutions for the US market
- You will provide interface management to authorities and governmental bodies working alongside specialist RWE functions.
- You will lead engagement with the Technology Innovation team ensuring that RWE are at the forefront of the state-of-the-art on transport and installation solutions.
Key Skills and Experience
Our next Marine Specialist will have:
- Have 15 plus years’ experience/ background as a Master Mariner.
- Have a deep understanding of Offshore Construction Operations (preferably from the Offshore Wind or Cable Installation Sector).
- Have experience as Dynamic Positioning Operator.
- Have deep knowledge about national and international marine regulations and certifications.
- Have deep understanding of marine industry best practices such as DNV or IMCA guidelines.
Our next Marine Expert will be:
- A flexible team player comfortable working closely with your colleagues as part of an exciting, diverse and determined multinational global team;
- A motivated, passionate, keen problem solver with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Willing to travel within the US and globally as required to support our projects;
- Willing to work offshore and at heights;
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
We would love our next Marine Specialist to have:
- Experience with anchor handling and subsea moorings;
- Experience of working effectively within multinational business.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays. Eligible employees also participate in short-term incentives, in addition to salary.
RWE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For 125 years RWE has been the source of energy for millions of people across the globe. Now we’re making all that energy green. This decade alone we’re investing €50bn into renewables and will be carbon neutral by 2040 – ten years earlier than most other global targets. This is a chance to play a key role on our journey.
Join our renewables specialists, working across the clean energy spectrum to grow our operations to 50 GW by 2030 – with some of the world’s largest on and offshore wind farms and industry-leading hydrogen initiatives. We’re also considered innovators in solar development including floating photovoltaics and agri-photovoltaics. Or add your expertise to our supply and trading operations, brokering renewable electricity, green gas, commodities, and CO2 emission allowances from one of our advanced energy trading floors.
We look forward to meeting you! Apply today.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Xing
Job Type: Full-time
Company Description: The world around us is changing. And we, at RWE, are changing with it. Not just for our customers and partners, but above all for a sustainably better future in which we all want to live. Who we are? We are the more than 19,000 people who stand behind RWE and invest our full energy in this future every day. Accompany the development at one of over 80 locations worldwide and join us in taking responsibility for our planet. From engineers to office support, we pursue one goal: to consistently reduce our CO 2 emissions and make RWE CO 2 neutral by 2040. Be the heart of the energy transition. Be the future. Apply now and decide for yourself what kind of world you want to live in.