Location: 3900 Singer Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
The O&M Field Technician is responsible for efficient performance of field engineering technician duties on utility scale plants and other large photovoltaic installations.
Operations & Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the preventative and corrective maintenance of Solar generating facilities, including PV inverters, combiner boxes, tracking systems, solar panels and other relevant equipment.
- Testing of equipment to troubleshoot production problems.
- Replacement/installation of hardware, PV modules, inverters, monitoring equipment and any other component within the solar site, as needed.
- Document all worked performed in detail.
- Help in all areas of preventative and corrective maintenance as directed by manager with minimal supervision.
- Attend training sessions on equipment as provided by the manufacturer and approved by manager.
- Use of equipment and resources in accordance with instructions provided by the company.
- Adherence to Company policies, quality, environmental health and safety policies and good housekeeping practices.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Technically knowledgeable with multiple technologies
- Troubleshooting skills to diagnose problems with equipment
- Experience working with AC/DC circuits
- Self starter with the ability to work independently
- Strong time management skills
- Basic Microsoft software proficiency (Outlook, excel, word)
- Previous background in Operations and Maintenance of DC electrical systems preferred
- Networking hardware experience preferred
- Previous solar experience preferred
- Flexibility to work during weekends
- Able to work in varying temperatures
- Able to climb ladders, work with tools, work in crawl spaces
- Ability to transport materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks (up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds with assistance)
- Ability to pass background check and pre-employment and random drug screenings
- Must have clean driving record
- Willing and able to travel based on the needs of the business (generally less than 10%)
Job Type: Full-time
Company Description: Our founder, Ross Peterson, created GridWorks in August 2013 as a boutique, mission-driven consulting firm. His aim was to merge his experience in private consulting with the principles of a mission-driven nonprofit. GridWorks' mission has always been about maximizing transportation options for people who do not drive. Early on, this mission, combined with the firm's small size enabled it to build strong relationships with clients who shared the firm's passion for improving human service transportation programs. This focus led to GridWorks serving as an NEMT consultant to over half of Oregon's Coordinated Care Organizations in recent years. It all began with a project to evaluate ridership patterns for a small CCO in Southern Oregon. This led to a commission to completely redesign the NEMT services for a neighboring CCO, also in Southern Oregon. The new design GridWorks helped implement resulted in a dramatic reduction in grievances, a significant improvement in on-time performance, and fewer missed appointments for members. With this success under our belts, Health Share of Oregon approached us to improve the Ride to Care program in Portland - Oregon's biggest NEMT system. After a national search and formal Request for Information that identified a number of great ideas, but no clear leader to bring it all together, Health Share asked us if we could help lead Ride to Care. Recognizing a unique opportunity to serve our community while also directly pursuing our mission, we agreed. Our team includes public health experts, medical transportation professionals, urban planners, software developers, and designers. We have morphed from being a mission-driven consulting firm to being a mission-driven NEMT provider. GridWorks LLC is the legal name of our consulting firm. GridWorks is an Oregon Benefit Company and a Certified B-Corp. The firm is ranked in the top 10 percent of all Certified B-Corps for its commitment to serving disadvantaged populations and investment in its employees. GridWorks partners with state and local governments, nonprofit organizations, and businesses throughout the United States to design, evaluate, and implement solutions at the intersection of access and mobility. The consulting firm is not currently accepting new clients. GridWorks Lab, Inc. doing business as GridWorks IC is the name of the sister company we formed to serve as an operator of NEMT programs. We are in the process of certifying GridWorks IC as a B-Corp and are in the process of building a new website to share what we are learning as operators of high-quality NEMT services.