Company: LG Energy Solution Michigan, Inc.
Location: Westborough, MA 01581
- Interface with the Product Management team and customers to identify requirements and create product specifications
- System-level thinking, from concept design to compliance
- Assist in the development of new product development schedules and roadmaps
- Identify risks and opportunities for product cost and performance optimization
- Electrical systems design: ability to interpret schematics and PCB designs, prototype development, evaluate purchased components, and document production-ready energy storage systems
- Lead system prototype development and full-scale testing
- Develop test specifications for product verification and validation
- Provide meaningful content for end-user documentation
- Work closely with test engineering and project engineering to verify compliance of products to mandated safety and conformance, customer, and project requirements.
- Closely interact with manufacturing engineering and Operations to design products to production standards (DFM).
- Lead design reviews and DFMEA/WCA reviews
- Co-develop products along with engineers from Software, Firmware, Mechanical, PCB design, and others
- This position requires undeniable expertise in analog, digital, and power systems design
- Must have new product development experience, from concept through production
- Knowledge of the NEC and used in selecting and specifying system level components such as relays, circuit breakers, fuses, power supplies, cables, and connectors.
- Expertise in AC voltage theory – single phase, three phase, and transformers
- Accomplished in creating system level wiring diagrams and schematics
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are required
- Experience with battery systems and power management is desired
- Veteran in the evaluation and qualification of 3rd party equipment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering is required
- 15+ years direct experience in electrical systems and new product development involving analog and digital circuit design
- Systems Integration and/or Systems Engineering experience is required
Job Type: Full-time