Company: FuelCell Energy
Job Description: FuelCell Energy is a global leader in decarbonizing power and producing hydrogen through our proprietary fuel cell technology. Our mission is to enable a world powered by clean energy. As an innovator and manufacturer of fuel cell clean power platforms, FuelCell Energy has the only technology in the world capable of capturing carbon from an external source and producing power at the same time. In addition, we offer the only technology in the world capable of producing hydrogen, power and water simultaneously.
The Process operator is responsible for the manufacturing and assembly of our specialized fuel cell components. This position will also perform a variety of hands-on manual, semi-automated, and automated processes.
- Completes Interconnect Assemblies in accordance with the company’s work instructions and standard procedures, including but not limited to:
- Manually sort and place components.
- Control and monitor robotic work cell.
- Use sheet metal shear.
- Operate spot welding equipment.
- Operate screen printing equipment.
- Operate Fluid Dispensing System.
- Inspect products in detail; conduct final checks and perform adjustments to meet specifications.
- Follow with solvents, including but not limited to, ethanol, acetone, and isopropyl alcohol.
- Tracking of material, parts, and assemblies; documentation of production records.
- Cross train in related Fuel Cell Stack Assembly processes.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and safety.
- Other duties as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 1-year experience in a manufacturing role.
- Experience reading and interpreting drawings/ blue prints would be considered an asset
- Able to identify components from visual and dimensional measurements.
- Basic knowledge of measuring in both metric and imperial.
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Basic computer skills
- Strong work ethics
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Multi-work environment (manufacturing, production, warehouse, office) requiring the use of PPE
- Full-time hours (40 hrs a week)
- Ability to lift and carry fifty (50) pounds
- Bending, sitting, standing, kneeling, repetitive tasks, and walking
Job Type: Full-time
Company Description: At FuelCell Energy, we don’t just build products – we develop and deploy state-of-the-art solutions that enable a world empowered by clean energy. The diversity of our team, and our team members’ ideas drive the innovation that permeates everything we do, from our current suite of products and advanced technologies to the development of industry-leading, future-focused power generation solutions. Company Overview FuelCell Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: FCEL) - 1969 saw the birth of a company that would deliver innovative power generation across three continents. Founded as Energy Research Corporation (ERC) by early pioneers Bernard Baker and Martin Klein, both chemical engineers with professional knowledge in advanced battery technologies, their focus was to develop and commercialize a novel concept for bipolar nickel-metal hydride batteries. FuelCell Energy completed its initial public offering in 1992 and reincorporated in Delaware in 1999. In 2003, FuelCell Energy began selling its platforms commercially and, in 2007, expanded globally to meet the growing demand for its fuel cell technology. Today, FuelCell Energy has power platforms known as SureSource platforms delivering solutions that go beyond power in the U.S., Europe, and South Korea, with aspirations to deliver our differentiated solutions to new markets around the world. FuelCell Energy’s complete portfolio of dynamic, scalable energy solutions delivers the options the world needs to effectively build a path to decarbonization. FuelCell Energy’s platforms have a direct impact on reducing the global environmental footprint of baseload power generation. However, FuelCell Energy’s platforms don’t stop at power delivery, the FuelCell Energy platforms are designed to go beyond power, capable of delivering hydrogen, long duration hydrogen energy storage, carbon capture, carbon separation, water, and thermal energy in various applications. FuelCell Energy Purpose – Our Why Enable the world to live a life empowered by clean energy. This is why our passionate team members come to work every day at FuelCell Energy. FuelCell Energy Mission We enable the world to live a life empowered by clean energy. We do this by recruiting and retaining highly skilled and passionate team members, inventing, manufacturing, installing and operating clean baseload energy-generating platforms for commercial, industrial and utility-based customers, so they may realize their environmental goals, strengthen resiliency, manage energy and other commodity costs, and deliver valuable goods and services to their customers.