Company: Celgard, LLC
Location: Concord, CA
The Asahi Kasei Group operates with a commitment of creating for tomorrow. Our business sectors, Material, Homes, and Health Care, contribute to the development of society by anticipating the changing needs of those around the world. We look for candidates that offer a fresh perspective and a variety of skills to help us achieve our commitment.We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Celgard where we develop and manufacture membrane battery separators that are critical components used in lithium-ion batteries for electric drive vehicles (EDVs) and energy storage systems (ESS).
- Operate industrial film recycling and processing equipment.
- On the job training provided to utilize PIVs (powered industrial vehicles) such as, powered pallet jacks, clamp truck, sit-down, and high reach forklifts for material handling purposes.
- Pull recycling material in accordance to specific batches and monitor machine processes. Use instruments to test the quality of plastic products to ensure they meet standards and specifications.
- Troubleshoot & resolve equipment issues, or production problems.
- Practice excellent safety and environmentally sound habits.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment that meets facility standards.
- Ensure general quality of all work meets company standards.
- Maintain records and interface with multiple computer software programs for purposes of material transactions, traceability, process control, on-line inspection, testing, and statistical process control.
- Perform routine visual inspection and product quality tests according to written specifications and standards.
- Maintain accurate logbook entries of key process and equipment events and provide in-depth observations to process and development engineers as required.
- Clean assigned production equipment and perform operator-level preventive maintenance (i.e. change filters, check fluid levels).
- Communicate effectively with team members and other groups within the Celgard organization. Act as communication link with other departments when assigned.
- Maintain training and cross-training proficiencies as required to ensure compliance in execution of daily activities and departmental expectations.
- Train others (new and current employees) as needed.
- Ensure breaks and lunches are taken per policy and time is not abused.
- Support managing all data and working with Supply Chain and operations to ensure production throughput is maximized.
- Work with Supply Chain to manage and update all relevant part numbers in the ERP system.
- Identify areas of potential process improvement and communicate accordingly.
- Comply with current Good Manufacturing Practices regulations
- Maintain a professional and productive relationship with area management and co-workers.
- Lead meetings as needed.
- Must keep all Celgard information CONFIDENTIAL.
Note: This description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 year of industry experience in a manufacturing, production, or similar environment required
- PIVs (powered industrial vehicles) experience preferred
- Good attendance and safety records.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and set-up / operate/troubleshoot machines.
- Must have a stellar work ethic and the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as well as the ability to work independently.
- Computer skills and the ability to learn different software programs and scanners.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven experience in working with cross functional teams, programs, or projects.
- Strengths in self-motivation, collaboration, initiative, sense of urgency, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with all levels within the organization. Ability and willingness to participate in and lead meetings.
- Able to implement, follow, and continuously improve safety, environmental, and health guidelines and procedures.
- The ability to work on a high performing team creating an environment where open and honest communication is the norm.
- Possess strong analytical troubleshooting and problem resolution/solving skills.
- 8-hour shifts. 3pm-11:30. Monday to Friday Schedule.
- Shift premium paid for hours worked on night shift.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed or scheduled.
- The ability to lift and move up to 30 pounds.
- Standing and walking continuously during entire shift, 8 hours at a time.
As an equal opportunity employer, Asahi Kasei believes a diverse workforce will provide us with the ability to continuously support the changes in the economy, society, and environment.
Job Type: Full-time