Company: RWE Offshore Wind Services, LLC
Location: Boston, MA
Senior Offshore Transport and Installation [T&I] Manager, US
- Boston, MA, US
RWE Offshore Wind Services, LLC
Senior Offshore Transport and Installation [T&I] Manager
Do you want to help deliver a low carbon future?
Do you want to help develop innovative, sustainable solutions to the technical challenges facing offshore wind in the US and help drive for a renewables powered future?
If so we would like to invite you to join our Installation Logistics team here at RWE Offshore. As our next Senior Offshore T&I Manager you will integrate into, and work as part of, the wider Engineering Department to support global offshore wind projects at all lifecycle stages. You will work every day with an exciting and diverse team who push the boundaries and set the standards for T&I amongst our peers. You will develop, innovate, optimise and then manage the execution of T&I solutions within our offshore wind projects that will ensure we deliver on our promise of a sustainable future.
If you would like to be part of our journey then please bring your experience and enthusiasm into play and help us deliver a net zero future.
- You will, working as part of a multi-disciplinary team of technical specialists, lead the development of offshore wind farm installation logistics for RWE Offshores’ future projects with a focus on cost optimised, safe, sustainable solutions.
- You will support procurement leading the preparation of offshore transport and installation contracts, technical specifications and vessel charters.
- You will lead the technical and commercial assessment of different installation technologies and methodologies.
- You will lead the interface management to, and alignment with, foundation, electrical/cable and turbine packages’ to develop optimised transport and installation solutions.
- You will, after contract award, be responsible for leading the implementation of the developed transport and installation concepts together with chosen supplier.
- You will, after FID and contract award, act as the Logistics Manager embedded within our offshore wind farm construction projects.
- You will be responsible for the contract management of Transport & Installation contracts after FID.
- You will lead the interface management to partner companies participating in projects together with RWE.
Optimisation & Innovation
- You will lead RWE’s drive for knowledge sharing, lessons learned and best practice for time scheduling, budget control and interdisciplinary coordination of offshore construction activities alongside RWE’s Value Optimisation Team.
- You will lead RWE’s drive for knowledge sharing, lessons learned and best practice for budgetary proposal processes with domestic and international offshore construction companies alongside specialist RWE functions.
- You will provide interface management to authorities and governmental bodies working alongside specialist RWE functions.
- You will lead engagement with the Technology Innovation team ensuring that RWE are at the forefront of the state-of-the-art on transport and installation solutions.
Key Skills and Experience
Our next Senior Offshore Transport & Installation Manager will have:
- Hold a Bachelors of Science in engineering from an accredited college program in a relevant field (civil, mechanical, ocean, naval, marine logistics, renewable energy or another closely related area.
- Have 15 years of industry experience in a relevant field
- Have Experience in Offshore Wind, Onshore Wind, Offshore Oil and Gas, or other large complex projects.
- Have significant experience in the successful development of offshore wind farm projects; or,
- Have a significant proven track record of the successful delivery of Transport and Installation Package Management or Construction Logistics work scopes
- Have experience of the contracts used in offshore in offshore construction and vessel chartering.
- Have good organizational skills and experience in project management
Our next Senior Offshore Transport & Installation Manager will be:
- A team player comfortable working closely with your colleagues as part of an exciting and determined multinational global team;
- A motivated, passionate, keen problem solver with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Willing, and able, to travel within the US and globally as required to support our projects;
- Willing, and able, to work offshore and at heights;
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
Our next Offshore Transport & Installation Manager should have:
- Experience in the development [and construction] of both floating and fixed bottom offshore wind projects.
- Experience of working effectively within multinational business;
- Experience, or understanding, of offshore wind end of life and decommissioning activities.
- Current or anticipated Project Management Professional certification preferred Current or progressing toward Professional Engineer license preferred
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays. Eligible employees also participate in short-term incentives, in addition to salary.
RWE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For 125 years RWE has been the source of energy for millions of people across the globe. Now we’re making all that energy green. This decade alone we’re investing €50bn into renewables and will be carbon neutral by 2040 – ten years earlier than most other global targets. This is a chance to play a key role on our journey.
Join our renewables specialists, working across the clean energy spectrum to grow our operations to 50 GW by 2030 – with some of the world’s largest on and offshore wind farms and industry-leading hydrogen initiatives. We’re also considered innovators in solar development including floating photovoltaics and agri-photovoltaics. Or add your expertise to our supply and trading operations, brokering renewable electricity, green gas, commodities, and CO2 emission allowances from one of our advanced energy trading floors.
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 84997
Any questions? Contact in Recruiting: , #LI-PB
Job Type: Full-time
Company Description: The world around us is changing. And we, at RWE, are changing with it. Not just for our customers and partners, but above all for a sustainably better future in which we all want to live. Who we are? We are the more than 19,000 people who stand behind RWE and invest our full energy in this future every day. Accompany the development at one of over 80 locations worldwide and join us in taking responsibility for our planet. From engineers to office support, we pursue one goal: to consistently reduce our CO 2 emissions and make RWE CO 2 neutral by 2040. Be the heart of the energy transition. Be the future. Apply now and decide for yourself what kind of world you want to live in.