Company: Mainspring Energy, Inc.
Salary: $120,000 - $160,000 a year
Location: 3601 Haven Ave, Menlo Park, CA 94025
Driven by our vision of the affordable, reliable, net-zero carbon grid of the future, Mainspring has developed a new category of power generation — the linear generator — that delivers local, scalable, and fuel-flexible power to help accelerate the transition to the net-zero carbon grid.
The unique combination of attributes offered by Mainspring’s linear generator enables applications on both the commercial and utility sides of the meter for the $816B global electricity equipment market. We serve a wide range of Fortune 500 customers across markets and industries as well as top-tier utilities and other gridside providers.
We are looking to build relationships with people who share our values:
- Pragmatic Optimism. Building a new category of world-class power generation requires the optimism of ambition and creativity, balanced with practicality to solve problems efficiently. The challenges that arise are opportunities for growth.
- Excellence without Ego. We bring expertise and commitment to creating the best customer experience, from sales to deployment and service, just as we apply deep technical rigor to building and delivering world-class products. We strive for excellence and behave as leaders with the humility to acknowledge our challenges, both collectively and as individual contributors.
- Proactive Collaboration. The integration and cross-disciplinary nature of Mainspring’s business requires intentionally seeking out others who bring different skills, perspectives, and priorities. Our culture of inclusion and respect extends beyond our team to interactions with our partners and customers.
Mainspring is based in Menlo Park and has partnered with top-tier investors and utilities such as Khosla Ventures, Bill Gates, NextEra, and American Electric Power. More information can be found at www.mainspringenergy.com.
A key enabler of Mainspring’s mission is the ability of its team to deliver solutions based on our linear generator technology that solve customer problems in the cross-section of resiliency and clean power generation. This includes site due diligence, design engineering, permitting, construction operations, and commissioning.
A Senior Project Manager will
- Provide an excellent customer experience
- Directly execute multiple projects with full turnkey solutions concurrently at customer sites
- Manage the permitting and gas/electrical interconnection processes across several municipalities and utilities
- Coordinate with internal resources, customer stakeholders, contractors, engineers, and authorities having jurisdiction to deliver these projects
- Effectively manage critical path of the project execution schedule to ensure on time projects
- Actively mitigate and resolve technical issues, design, construction issues to ensure these do not impact the critical path.
- Prepare bid packages, and manage the contracts for engineering and subcontractors
- Manage, meet, and progressively reduce cost targets
- Support site visits and job walks throughout the project lifecycle
- Maintain records and databases to regularly report progress to customers and internal stakeholders
- Be the point person for customer interactions during project delivery
- Over 7 years of experience in construction/project management (experience in distributed energy, solar, batteries, fuel cells, microgrids)
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and refine processes associated with cost, quality, and schedule
- Ability to problem solve, think creatively, and timely resolve personnel and project-related issues
- Excellent organization, documentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with and full understanding of the following:
- Planning/Building department (AHJ) dynamics and schedule risks
- Electrical interconnection process/gas upgrades process with utilities
- Contract negotiation
- RFP writing/management
- Budget management
- Project Management process, tools, and software
- Contractor qualification
The Bay Area salary for this role is $120k-160k base + pre-IPO stock options + benefits. This position can be remote. The salary will be adjusted to reflect local market conditions based on employee location as well as the experience of the employee.
Does your experience not meet all of our posted requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to positions unless they meet every listed requirement. At Mainspring, we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, flexible, and collaborative environment, so if you want to help us transition the world to clean and affordable electricity, and don’t meet all posted requirements for a particular role, we’d still love to hear from you. Mainspring can sometimes be flexible enough to shift responsibilities for the right person, or otherwise identify open or upcoming roles that may better fit your professional background.
In more traditional words, Mainspring Energy, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This compensation and benefits information is based on Mainspring Energy's estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. We generally do not negotiate on salary once we have made an offer. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, relevant prior experience and/or education, or particular skills and expertise. New hires joining the company tend to be paid within the starting base pay range noted above, with opportunities to increase pay over time based on development of additional skills, competencies, and company-specific knowledge.
Job Type: Full-time