Company: Harry James Group
Location: United States
The Harry James Group is working in partnership with a globally recognised, smart technologies company who is currently expanding due to market demand. We are currently searching for a person for a Sales Support (sales engineering) role focused on supporting our clients existing global Sales team with technical proposal submittals through contract execution in the North America region. The selected person will work very closely with the global sales support teams, engineering, and software development teams. Strong support link also to the Area Sales as a joint goal of selling and delivering energy storage systems both as a standalone and in a hybrid design. The person will own the development and submittal of proposals; and work with the sales team, engineering team, the marketing team to develop opportunities and the Delivery/Project & Operations teams to execute those opportunities.
– Subject matter expert for Energy Storage in the AMER region including expertise in the technical design of systems and identification of the business models that support the economic case to deploy storage.
– Work closely with the software team to develop time-series system models and perform simulation analyses for system sizing, performance optimization, and/or energy management algorithm development. Present simulation results to customers.
– Work closely with the existing Sales team to help identify and engage with key customers/accounts within the area, and support and maintain relationships relative to Energy Storage
– Manage RFP response process including determining bidding strategy and partner selection and working together with such partners to submit winning responses and drafting the actual proposal.
– Lead proposal creation for energy storage projects
– Write proposal content in consideration of specific customer requirements and unique value points for the integrated solution.
– Create high-level as well as detailed system design drawings, layouts, schematics.
– Specify appropriate system components, calculate component ratings and quantities, and create detailed bills-of material for material and labor cost estimates.
– Interface with vendors to understand the form, fit and function of their products and services; and determine which products are best suited for an application or project.
– Assist in developing software model architectures for various configurations of energy storage, and renewable generation to be used in grid tied and stand-alone power applications.
– Utilize value concepts & tools defining the right value solutions for each individual customer.
– Help further development of Sales Tools for energy storage projects.
Minimum BSc or MSc degree in electrical/power engineering, or equivalent work experience.
– Experience with the energy storage and renewable energy markets, projects, and products (bi-directional inverters, various battery chemistries, PV, wind turbines, flywheels, etc.)
– Strong understanding of utility generation project development process
– Experience with industrial control methods and SCADA systems.
– Able to read and understand system schematics, single-line drawings, mechanical elevation, and building layout drawings.
– Strong written and oral skills. Must be a proven and competent English writer, able to create grammatically correct and properly structured English proposal documents.
– Competent with ACAD or equivalent drafting tools
– Understanding of CE, UL, IEEE, IEC and NEC standards as applicable to local region.
– Knowledgeable in utility systems and interconnection requirements for electric generators.
– Dynamic load flow modeling experience (PSSE/PSLF, ETAP or equivalent).
– Medium-voltage system design and construction background is desirable.
– Passion for innovation, ability to adapt to fasting changing market demands, working independently and as a team member.
– Willingness to take ownership and produce results.
– Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
– Ability to travel as required (estimated 10% of time)
– Existing relationships with regional EPCs, Developers or IPPs
Interested, APPLY NOW!
Job Type: Full-time