Company: SEL Construction Corporation
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Solar Service Technician Southern California
Non-Exempt/Full-Time/Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (40 Hours/Week) with occasional evening and weekend overtime.
Working under the direct supervision of the Operations Director, the Solar Service Technician will be responsible for diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining existing rooftop solar systems and associated equipment. Solar Service Technician will work in collaboration with all the Operations Director, Site Supervisors, Clients and Vendors to ensure projects are completed in a timely and professional manner within budget, on time and to the level of quality expected by SEL Construction and our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Solar Service Technician will be primarily responsible for the coordination, planning, organization and direction of all job-related activities and will liaison with the Project Managers, Clients and other key personnel throughout the duration of each job. The Solar Service Technician will also be responsible for the following duties (but not limited to):
- Properly and efficiently inspect, troubleshoot, diagnose and repair all issues related to previously installed rooftop solar panels and all associated equipment in accordance with national codes, local, state and federal laws as well as company procedures.
- Must be able to accurately comprehend plans, specifications, technical documents, contracts and other job-related documentation to be able to properly complete diagnosis, troubleshooting, repair and inspection work completed and assure compliance with applicable codes and industry standards, project specifications and quality assurance throughout the duration of the contract.
- Communicate with potential, current and previous customers in a professional manager to provide product knowledge, scope of work as well as answer any questions.
- Responsible for maintaining open and effective communication with subordinate supervisory personnel, regarding all activities within each job while ensuring occupational health and safety of all SEL Construction employees, subcontractors, project teams, clients, guests and assets in accordance with local, state and federal regulations, departmental and company policies, as well as industry standards and practices.
- Provide daily logs, photos, updates, reports, and any documentation pertaining to the status of the job.
- Perform daily job site work completion and reviews ensuring applicable quality control measures in accordance with SEL Construction policies and procedures.
- Maintain and promote an organized job site and/or working environment.
- Work in collaboration with SEL Constructions Executives, Directors and Managers to ensure the companys overall objectives, goals, operational functions as well as policies and procedures and expectations.
- Maintain current and proficient knowledge of uniform building codes and inspection processes.
- Maintain current and valid certifications as required by SEL Construction and deemed necessary by safety, local, state and federal laws.
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years in the Solar Industry or 3 years in the Electrical Field
- Electrical certification (Journeyman, Install, Low Voltage, etc.) preferred
- Ability to work in a diverse environment with minimal supervision and direction.
- Ability to work simultaneously and effectively on multiple tasks and projects with varying degrees of complexity.
- Extensive understanding of construction site practices, procedures and safety protocols.
- 30 Hour OSHA Training/Certification required.
- CPR/First Aid Training Certification preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as grammar and spelling proficiency required with the ability to speak, read and write fluent English.
- Ability to maintain a professional and organized working environment, while demonstrating ethical practices and behaviors with sound judgment abilities.
- Valid Driver License and reliable transportation required.
- Must be able to meet the following physical demands:
- Able to access all areas of the worksite including (but not limited to) stairs, scaffolding, ladders, elevation changes, etc.
- Safe operation of any job-related tools, machinery, vehicles and/or equipment.
- Capable of working in several physically demanding positions including (but not limited to): kneeling, bending, standing, sitting, squatting, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing, walking, etc.
- Motor Skill Requirements: Ability to perform repetitive finger to hand movements, ability to handle and feel objects as well as repetitive reaching with hands and arms freely for several hours a day.
- Able to safely utilize a ladder and climb to different heights as deemed necessary.
- Properly and safely capable of moving, carrying, lifting or lowering items weighing up to 50lbs frequently throughout the day.
- Vision Requirements: accurate close as well as distance vision, accurate color vision, accurate peripheral vision, accurate depth perception and the ability to visually adjust focus.
While performing the duties required for this position, the Solar Service Technician may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in this work environment may range from moderate to loud. This position will be primarily performed in outside weather conditions.
This position will require frequent, mandatory short and long-distance travel throughout Southern California (possibly Northern California as well although unlikely). The ability to travel up to five (5) days per week is a requirement.
Job Type: Full-time