Company: Silicon Ranch Corporation
Location: Hattiesburg, MS 39401
Silicon Ranch is a fully integrated provider of customized renewable energy, carbon, and battery storage solutions for a diverse set of partners across North America.
- We are known for putting community partnerships first, and are the only renewable energy company in the U.S. that owns and operates all of its solar ranches and has a 100% track record for successful delivery.
- We have the largest utility scale agrivoltaics portfolio in the country under Regenerative Energy®, our nationally recognized holistic approach to project design, construction, and land management. Our model incorporates regenerative ranching and other regenerative land management practices to restore livelihoods and soil health, biodiversity, and water quality.
- Through our subsidiary, Clearloop, we are able to help businesses of all sizes reclaim their carbon footprint with a direct investment in building new solar projects while also helping bring renewable energy and economic development to distressed communities.
By joining Silicon Ranch, you will be joining a team of experienced and dedicated individuals who have proven time and again that it is indeed possible to not only “make solar do more”, but to make the promise of carbon-free, renewable energy that benefits people right where it comes from a tangible, measurable, and replicable reality.
Position: Solar Operations and Maintenance Technician II
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
This position is responsible for performing operations and maintenance activities within a defined facility or set of facilities. The ideal candidate will have experience in the safe planning and performance of electrical tasks within DC, AC, and MV systems as well performing basic electrical testing using industry standard practices.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance tasks on the facility, including substation, UPS, battery backup, and SCADA systems
- Perform corrective maintenance and repair work as directed, including substation, UPS, battery back-up, and SCADA systems
- Generate reports as required by the SOP
- Perform testing using IV Curve Tracers, Power Quality Meters, Insulation Resistance Testers, Multimeters, and other equipment as needed
- Assist management as needed with field investigations to support predictive analytics, root cause analysis, and serial defect reports
- Provide subject matter expertise and mentoring to Solar O&M Technician I in electrical systems and electrical safety
- Assist in creating and reviewing preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance SOP's, schedules, and checklists
- Provide site access and oversight of third-party contractors as needed
- Assist with module washing, land management, and other tasks as directed
- Attend equipment training as directed
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Valid Driver’s License
- Working knowledge of NEC, NFPA70E, and OSHA standards
- OSHA 10
- State electrical license or NABCEP certification preferred
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 3+ years of experience as an electrician, maintenance electrician, or the completion of a recognized apprenticeship program required
- Solar installation or maintenance experience highly desirable
- Experience with MV/HV systems, IT systems, Inverters, T&D systems, Substations, or other specialized electrical system is highly desirable
- Electrical construction and/or commissioning experience is desirable
Silicon Ranch is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that is reflective of the communities in which we work and serve. We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job Type: Full-time
Company Description: Silicon Ranch Corporation is one of the nation’s leading developer, owner, operators of solar energy projects. Silicon Ranch works with utilities, military and defense facilities, small to large industrial facilities, and commercial businesses to develop tailored solar solutions to meet the unique needs of the client while generating positive economic and environmental outcomes. Silicon Ranch is a privately held, fast growing enterprise with significant growth potential.