Company: ForeFront Power
Salary: $83,000 - $100,000 a year
Location: New York, NY 10017
The Fleet Operations Analyst, Asset Management is a key member of the Asset Management team, with primary responsibility for supporting both the Operational and Technical asset management groups. The analyst will support all core aspects of the asset management team, primarily: daily management of solar plants, reporting, compliance tracking, and account management.
JOB LOCATION AND REPORTING TO
This position will be based in our New York City office or, for the right candidate, as a remote position. The Fleet Operations Analyst, Asset Management reports to the Senior Manager, Asset Management, and works closely with the Sales, Project Development, Engineering, Corporate Finance, and Project Finance teams.
- Operations & Maintenance Support
- Daily production monitoring in Locus with proactive mitigation of real-time issues
- Coordination with main contractors for maintenance and operational compliance
- Portfolio & Account Management
- Coordinate monthly invoicing for all portfolios
- Assist Corporate Finance in financial administration for operating projects: billing & revenue collection, invoice tracking, settlements, etc. with various off-takers
- Support day-to-day management of Community Solar program including ad-hoc reporting, utility coordination, and subscriber agreement compliance items
- Coordinate monthly invoicing for all portfolios
- Support Monthly/Annual operational reports and ensure these are completed in a timely manner and delivered to relevant counterparties
- Work with internal cross-functional teams (e.g., Legal, Project Finance, Project Development, etc.) to establish shared service agreements to support all reporting
- Analyze results, summarize key takeaways, and compare actual vs expected vs modeled performance
- Compliance Tracking & Workflow Management
- Ensure compliance with requirements for various project agreements including Power Purchase Agreements, Financial Partnership Agreements, Operating and Maintenance Agreements, and REC Agreements
- Maintain formalized database tracking operations, insurance, system repairs, contract administration, regulatory compliance, and financial reporting
- Build and maintain tools and standards to streamline processes, data analysis, project tracking, documentation, and reporting
- Ideate and help create new requirements, specifications, best practices, and tools
- Relationship Support for Third Parties
- O&M—foster relationships, drive deliverables & ensure contract compliance and oversight of all O&M counterparties
- AM— foster relationships, drive deliverables & ensure contract compliance and oversight of all AM
- REC —foster relationship, drive deliverables & ensure contract compliance and oversight of all REC parties
- Monitoring—manage DAS provider relationship and troubleshoot issues with technical team
- Offtake Relationship Manager—manage communication and billing coordination to all end-use customers
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who want to be part of a fast-paced and fluid company poised for growth in one of the country’s most rapidly changing industries.
Forward-thinking, innovative approaches and comfort with complexity are what define the ForeFront Power team. We are looking for individuals eager to run at the front with us.
- Highly organized, exceptional communication skills, and strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to perform accurately (data analysis) and timely (deliverable deadlines)
- Desire to support a high-energy, evolving team in an early-stage company
- Bachelor's degree with high academic achievement
- Strong computational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic with the ability to proactively manage diverse relationships and multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Potential to be creative, flexible, and think critically in tackling a variety of challenges, from the industry level to customer-specific
- Desire to work in a growing company in the renewable energy field.
This position is primarily sedentary in nature and requires prolonged periods of sitting at a desk in front of a computer.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CULTURE
The organization promotes an open and collaborative work atmosphere. Cross functional teams work closely together to solve problems and move the company forward. Our culture at ForeFront Power encourages employees to be authentic and to embrace our core values that celebrate passion for our work, a commitment to our planet, a winning attitude, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a community of respect for each other and our partners.
This is a regular, full-time position eligible for benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive base salary and bonus potential; health, vision, and dental coverage; commute assistance; professional development; Paid Time Off; and 401(k) with employer match.
ABOUT FOREFRONT POWER
ForeFront Power is a leading developer of commercial and industrial-scale (C&I) solar energy, battery storage, and vehicle fleet electrification projects in the U.S. and Mexico. Over 15 years of working together, the ForeFront Power team has developed more than 1,400 behind-the-meter and community solar projects, totaling more than 1.1 gigawatt-DC of renewable electricity. ForeFront Power serves business, government, education, healthcare, and community solar customers with a broad array of development, asset management, and advisory services from its San Francisco headquarters and via teams based in New York, Mexico City, and across the U.S. through a hybrid work model. For more information, visit www.forefrontpower.com.
A wholly owned subsidiary of global energy infrastructure and investment leader Mitsui & Co. Ltd., ForeFront Power operates under Mitsui’s North American investment arm, MyPower Corp. Mitsui holds a robust balance sheet and an “A” credit rating from Standard & Poor’s. For more information visit www.mitsui.com and www.mypowercorp.com.
ForeFront Power is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time