Location: Draper, UT 84020
At Goal Zero, an NRG owned company; our mission is to empower people with a bright, safe, connected, and sustainable future by delivering smart, portable power solutions designed for everyone, everywhere. As the market leader in portable solar power, Goal Zero solar panels, power stations, and accessories give a new breed of consumers and outdoor enthusiasts the power to go farther, regardless of their gear’s battery life. We invite you to join our adventure.
This position is primarily responsible for researching, analyzing, testing, problem solving and spurring the growth and performance of strategic channels for Goal Zero power solutions within Club and Home Improvement US national B2B retail channels and markets. This role is also responsible for account development and account management within those channels. The ideal candidate has developed high growth channels before, built and managed B2B retail channel partnerships, has a proven track record of growing accounts, has expanded relationships, is detail oriented, relentless, curious and hungry to solve problems as well as drive revenue growth through data analytics and market trends. This individual will also be comfortable navigating all layers of organizations – from executive level to technical engineers to purchasing teams and front-line product users. As a member of the Business Development team, this position is responsible for bringing new/big ideas to the table, expanding current revenue streams and developing new ones through existing and alternative channels. The right person will have exceptional business skills, including the ability to navigate and prioritize a large array of opportunities to drive them from idea to inception to large scale.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the strategic research, analyzation, promotion, execution and expansion of sales within Club and Home Improvement B2B retail channels (and/or other channels as may be assigned)
- Develop strong relationships within these channels, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders
- Grow and build channel partnerships through critical evaluation, active problem solving and implementation of retail promotions and programs
- Utilize data analysis to identify market trends, competitive positions, customer preferences and demographics to quickly update product mixes and leverage sales opportunities
- Effectively navigate B2B portals in completing new item setups, optimizing PDPs (Product Detail Pages), completing enhanced digital content, and compliance with account product certifications
- Identify areas of improvement and use data-driven recommendations to optimize sales performance
- Achieve channel performance objectives and expectations through both individual effort and also by coordinating the involvement of company personnel, including marketing, sales, customer support, sales ops and supply resources
- Execute winning product kit placement and promotional campaigns for retail eCommerce platforms
- Monitor the effectiveness of retail marketing activities and adjust strategies accordingly
- Determine, organize and drive best in class in-store merchandising where and when applicable
- Lead negotiations, coordinate complex decision-making processes, and overcome objections to capture new business
- Discover, research and explore category and channel trends to ultimately create and execute on new opportunities or remove them as targets
- Seek out, identify, and activate new/alternate B2B retail channels and customers that can benefit from Goal Zero’s suite of products and ecosystems
- For each new opportunity, determine the revenue impact, generate finance models, create a competitive landscape, and formulate then execute on the overall engagement strategy
- Based on opportunity assessment, develop business case, investment case, and partnership plan
- Share insights and recommendations in a structured manner in both written and oral format, persuading on the basis of facts and sound logic
- Assist the Business Development team in establishing a strategic direction for the B2B retail channels to support exponential and often unpredictable business growth
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts within each assigned channel
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate channel needs on an ongoing basis
- Drive adoption of company product launches and programs into assigned retail channels
- Lead a channel planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, forecasted product demands and critical milestones associated with each channel
- Manage potential channel conflict by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement
- Represent the Goal Zero brand at various trade shows and events to prospect and drive new business
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study preferred or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of B2B retail channel development and management and/or key retail account management with a focus on channel growth, data analysis and marketing strategy
- Prior experience working with retail eCommerce platforms
- Extensive experience in researching and critically evaluating trends, strategies and market opportunities
- Tenacious problem solver with time and resource constraints. Approaches issues and problems through teamwork and collaborative efforts
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Experience in negotiating agreements and partnerships as well as strong communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of marketing principles, including market segmentation and consumer behavior
- Ability to develop a comprehensive go-to-market strategy for each channel assigned
- Ability to think “outside the box” and innovate to uncover new business opportunities with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Self-Starter – takes steps to improve deliverables/results without having to be asked
- Able to work effectively on a team composed of people with diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience in leading successful programs/projects
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills, with ability to clearly translate technical information to customers & pertinent customer information into business solution requirements
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel)
- Experience with CRM systems such as Hubspot preferred
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Open office environment
- 4/1 Hybrid - Onsite required in Draper UT
- Evening and weekend work as job duties demand, especially in collaborating and syncing up with overseas partners
- Domestic travel up to 25% and occasional international travel up to 10% may be required
- Occasionally requires lifting up to 50-75lbs as appropriate to perform duties and responsibilities
- Lifting, bending, sitting, reaching, standing, manual dexterity may be required
Additional Details and Benefits:
We aren’t just a company, but a team of passionate people who live life to the fullest, with a shared desire to help others do the same. We’re mountain bikers, skiers, and climbers, world travelers and weekend warriors, technology mavens and creatives, moms, dads, soccer coaches, volunteers, and everything in between. We rely on our products to power the things that matter most in our own lives and are proud to stand behind them.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 401K Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Parental Leave, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Goal Zero is committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title, and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time
Company Description: At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to approximately 6 million home as well as commercial, industrial, and wholesale customers, through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.