Company: Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Salary: $47,500 - $101,000 a year
Location: Washington, DC 20004
This role has been designated as ‘Hybrid’ with an expectation that you will work on average 2-3 days per week from an HPE office.
Who We Are:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is the global edge-to-cloud company advancing the way people live and work. We help companies connect, protect, analyze, and act on their data and applications wherever they live, from edge to cloud, so they can turn insights into outcomes at the speed required to thrive in today’s complex world. Our culture thrives on finding new and better ways to accelerate what’s next. We know diverse backgrounds are valued and succeed here. We have the flexibility to manage our work and personal needs. We make bold moves, together, and are a force for good. If you are looking to stretch and grow your career our culture will embrace you. Open up opportunities with HPE.
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE’s Living Progress team sets HPE’s sustainability strategy. Our mission is to enhance the business case for HPE products and services, deliver world class reporting, and drive leadership through our environmental, social, and governance (ESG) strategy. The Living Progress team is part of HPE’s Office of Legal and Administrative Affairs (OLAA). OLAA serves as the backbone for HPE and drives the employee experience.
The Sustainability Activation Coordinator will work on HPE’s Corporate Affairs Living Progress team full-time for 12 weeks. You will work closely with senior team members to support initiatives, strategic partnerships, and sustainability thought-leadership activities via event sponsorships and our circular economy program. Through your work, you will be interfacing primarily with program and activation leads and you will be exposed to a variety of skill sets and knowledge areas specifically within the technology, sustainability and the circular economy fields.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a combination of project management, writing and communication skills. The role will frequently contribute to the development of new ideas, approaches and projects. You will be mentored through this process by experienced team members. However, this internship provides the opportunity to demonstrate leadership and exercise your internal and external communication skills. You will gain insight into the level of coordination required by large companies to align messages and projects across multiple organizations to deliver on various sustainability work streams.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Coordinate research on key messages or topic areas we want to gain share of voice in with competitive market intelligence team.
- Project management including developing a project timeline and monitoring execution against that timeline for key sustainability initiatives.
- Identify, evaluate and/or execute opportunities to activate sustainability messaging at key events, including project planning and content development.
- Create and activate external customer-facing marketing materials to be leveraged by our sales and customer engagement teams to differentiate our solutions and share our sustainable IT story with customers.
- Develop blog articles highlighting HPE leadership, working closely with marketing teams to position this narrative in relevant campaigns and with key stakeholder groups including customers and policymakers.
- Identify and create case studies that demonstrate the sustainability values of HPE.
- Develop a web strategy for the internal Living Progress website, working with internal partners to build out and refresh content
Skills / Education
- A BA or BS one of the following or related fields: Business, Sustainability, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Studies, Climate Science, Life Cycle Assessment, Energy and Environment, Environmental Science and Policy, Sustainability Engagement, Communications, Marketing
- Required skills: Microsoft Office
- Preferred skills: Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, business acumen, self-starter, good time management.
What We Can Offer You:
Health & Wellbeing
We strive to provide our team members and their loved ones with a comprehensive suite of benefits that supports their physical, financial and emotional wellbeing.
Personal & Professional Development
We also invest in your career because the better you are, the better we all are. We have specific programs catered to helping you reach any career goals you have — whether you want to become a knowledge expert in your field or apply your skills to another division.
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We are unconditionally inclusive in the way we work and celebrate individual uniqueness. We know diverse backgrounds are valued and succeed here. We have the flexibility to manage our work and personal needs. We make bold moves, together, and are a force for good.
Let's Stay Connected:
Follow @HPECareers on Instagram to see the latest on people, culture and tech at HPE.
States with Pay Range Requirement
The expected salary/wage range for a U.S.-based hire filling this position is provided below. Actual offer may vary from this range based upon geographic location, work experience, education/training, and/or skill level. If this is a sales role, then the listed salary range reflects combined base salary and target-level sales compensation pay. If this is a non-sales role, then the listed salary range reflects base salary only. Variable incentives may also be offered. Information about employee benefits offered can be found at https://myhperewards.com/main/new-hire-enrollment.html.Annual Salary: $47,500.00 - $101,000.00
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together. Please click here: Equal Employment Opportunity.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to employer use of arrest and conviction records, including laws requiring employers to consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Job Type: Full-time
Company Description: Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people’s relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act. Hewlett Packard Enterprise helps customers make their mark on the world with cutting-edge technology solutions. We enable our customers to transform industries, markets, and lives by optimizing their IT to be uniquely suited to their needs. We do this by making Hybrid IT simple, powering the Intelligent Edge, and providing the Expertise to make it happen. Our customers' challenges inspire us to advance technology and create solutions - their success is our success. Let’s make our mark!