Location: Cartersville, GA
We are looking for a Production Improvement Engineer to join our team. This role will be responsible for supporting the production of a product or service to ensure that all steps in the process are completed on time and to specification. This position ensures the equipment functions properly and understands the required health and safety protocols. Production improvers must resolve and support issues that arise. Additionally, production improvers must consult extensively with other departments to improve equipment and processes for production and lead improvement activities. The overall goal of this position is to ensure an efficient and productive manufacturing process that meets customer requirements.
- This position requires to receive training in South Korea for two months. Detailed information will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
- Handle production disruptions and productivity problems.
- Promptly address and resolve production issues to minimize production delays.
- Recommend viable solutions to reduce production costs and improve production processes and product quality.
- Measure and evaluate direct reporting employee performance according to company standards for quality and productivity.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside and outside the organization.
- Adapt to changes in the market and respond to customer demands.
- Maintain current knowledge of the market and industry trends.
- Research to further understand competitors.
- Review records of past production activities to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct analyses of production processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identify risks to production processes and take steps to mitigate them.
- Identify potential problems with production equipment and provide solutions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- A good understanding of manufacturing equipment, processes, and work procedures is preferred.
- Must be able to work under minimal direct supervision and be willing to take the initiative to resolve problems and help revise and upgrade processes.
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations.
- Analytical, problem-solving, project management, facilitation, and decision-making skills are essential.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism, adaptability, and strong customer service skills, including high integrity and commitment to confidentiality.
- Proficient in MS Office software.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, time management skills, and leadership skills.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Self-starter, able to work with or lead cross-functional teams.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach.
- Ability to coach and motivate employees.
- Proven record in training employees in safety and production.
- Ability to travel overseas as required.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, material, electrical, chemical, and other engineering.
- Bilingual in Chinese or Korean preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Knowledge of relevant manufacturing and processes related to the solar or semiconductor industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities.
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Job Type: Full-time