Company: RWE Clean Energy
Location: Brackettville, TX 78832
Wind Farm Technician - Anacacho
- Bracketville, TX, US, 78832
RWE Clean Energy, LLC , Bracketville
Functional area: Operations & Maintenance
The Wind Farm Technician is responsible supporting the overall operations and maintenance of one or more wind farms and all related facilities to assure safety and maximize availability in accordance with Operations mission. This role is responsible for the safe execution of scheduled maintenance, troubleshooting and repair activities, training, and safety exercises. This job also maintains accountability and readiness of plant tools, equipment, and vehicles; provides technical guidance to the O&M team; tracks and maintains records of service activities both scheduled and unscheduled through the digital maintenance management system; and helps maintain the work ethic and culture of the plant O&M team.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electromechanical systems with a solid foundation in theory of operation is required
- Read, interpret, and follow electrical, mechanical, & hydraulic circuit drawings
- Identify energy isolation points and implement LOTO for protection
- Thorough knowledge of electromechanical relay, hydraulic accumulator, linear transducer, and electrical motor
- Familiarity with power electronics, motor drives, AC/DC converters
- Knowledge of computer network communication protocol and theory of operation is desired
- Ability to understand and communicate root causes required
- Good communication skills and must value being part of a team
- Safety- Promote safety for all at all times
- Initiative - Able to work with minimum supervision and make decisions for all issues related to his/her discipline(s) with limited and/or available information
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in operations and/or maintenance in power generation, transmission and/or distribution
- Alternatively, 2 year or 4 year college degree from an accredited school (other than correspondence or on-line) in a technical science like engineering, physics, power, or closely similar; current journeyman or master electrician license
- High School Diploma or GED, associate degree in Sciences or related field from an accredited school preferred
- Unrestricted driver license in good standing
- Willing to relocate to within 1 hour drive of site
- Must be able to maintain a personal weight limitation of 270 lbs
- Must be able to sit, walk or stand for long duration of time
- Must be able to climb wind towers on a daily basis. During this task, employee must be able to open/close hatch doors and identify potential safety hazards
- Must have the ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Must be able to transfer 50 pounds from a 35 inch platform to the floor
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for up to 15 feet
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds from ground to brow height
- Must be able to lift and transfer up to 50 pounds to a 35 inch platform
- Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds with one hand up to 15 feet
- Must be able to crouch, kneel, or ½ kneel for up to 5 minutes at a time to perform maintenance tasks in low areas
- Must be able to perform fine motor tasks, such as screwing or unscrewing nuts and bolts, while reaching around and over objects
- Must be able to balance to: (1) work in closed and small swaying areas on top of and within wind towers, and (2) walk across small surface areas to access areas within wind turbines
- Must be able to military, belly, or back crawl up to 15 feet to access the nose cone area of wind turbines
- Must be able to step or climb up onto platform at a height of 35 inches, with or without support
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays. Eligible employees also participate in short-term incentives, in addition to salary.
RWE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For 125 years RWE has been the source of energy for millions of people across the globe. Now we’re making all that energy green. This decade alone we’re investing €50bn into renewables and will be carbon neutral by 2040 – ten years earlier than most other global targets. This is a chance to play a key role on our journey.
Join our renewables specialists, working across the clean energy spectrum to grow our operations to 50 GW by 2030 – with some of the world’s largest on and offshore wind farms and industry-leading hydrogen initiatives. We’re also considered innovators in solar development including floating photovoltaics and agri-photovoltaics. Or add your expertise to our supply and trading operations, brokering renewable electricity, green gas, commodities, and CO2 emission allowances from one of our advanced energy trading floors.
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 85431
Job Type: Full-time
Company Description: The world around us is changing. And we, at RWE, are changing with it. Not just for our customers and partners, but above all for a sustainably better future in which we all want to live. Who we are? We are the more than 19,000 people who stand behind RWE and invest our full energy in this future every day. Accompany the development at one of over 80 locations worldwide and join us in taking responsibility for our planet. From engineers to office support, we pursue one goal: to consistently reduce our CO 2 emissions and make RWE CO 2 neutral by 2040. Be the heart of the energy transition. Be the future. Apply now and decide for yourself what kind of world you want to live in.