Company: Nordex USA, Inc.
Location: Mart, TX 76664
As Service Technician I, you will be responsible for ensuring a high level of safety for your assigned location and maintain service points at the highest standards for safety, quality, and customer service in all aspects of project operational performance while support third party providers for large correctives, system upgrades, and general service point activities. You will also utilize the most relevant documentation for activities daily to include but are not limited to planned maintenance interventions, unplanned interventions, large correctives, and upgrades.
Communicate clearly with Site Leads and/or Site Managers to achieve resolution for technical and/or commercial customer concerns and perform daily assignments using proper methods while following proper documentation for all assigned tasks. Each day, techs report all activities accomplished within Nordex CMMS to capture all hours exposed, materials used, and detailed steps taken during WTGs interventions.
- Performs assembly, commissioning, testing, repair, and maintenance on wind turbine generators and related equipment at the wind farm.
- Supports 24/7/365 operation of a wind farm to maintain contractual availability this includes rotating shifts, overtime, and on-call as necessary.
- Conducts and reviews safety analyses of potential electrical and mechanical hazards in the wind turbines, switch room, and the O&M building.
- Supports Root Cause Analyses to assist in determining equipment failure and the reasons for failures when they occur.
- Supports on completion of required and accurate documentation associated with corrective and preventive maintenance of wind turbines and associated equipment; maintain records of documentation.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities safely and efficiently on wind turbines and associated equipment located on the wind farm
- Utilizes appropriate safety gear, protective equipment, and control or dissipation of energy sources to ensure work is performed in a safe manner
- Supports on safety analysis and review of hazards and energy sources before and while performing any work assignment on the wind farm
- Maintains, properly, tools, and equipment used to perform assigned maintenance assignments.
- Maintains required training certifications and qualifications to enable personnel to safely perform work-related tasks in a quality matter
- Complete Lock-Out-Tag-Out (LOTO), JSEA?s, and job-specific documentation that is required to conduct maintenance and repairs safely.
- Demonstrated ability to read mechanical blueprints.
- Computer skills to include MS Office
- Represent the company in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to organize/prioritize work, meet deadlines, and to prepare plans and reports.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
Company Description: As a manufacturer of onshore wind turbines in the multi-megawatt class, we have been successful for over 30 years in an industry with a big future. Since the merger with Acciona Windpower in 2016, we are one of the world's largest companies within the industry. Our global presence, with subsidiaries in more than 25 markets and production sites in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the US and India, ensures our success, giving our 5,000+ employees the possibility of international and intercultural experience and opportunity. Our goal is growth and profitability whilst providing clean energy. We aim to continue with full commitment, enthusiasm and new perspectives, and we hope to take you with us!